Board of Education
Go to Facebook Page
Why I Am Running
I very strongly believe civic leadership skills, financial literacy and out of the classroom educational opportunities should be part of our school curriculum. Ranking and quality of a town’s school system affects property values and is an important consideration when people decide where they want to move. I have resided in Newington for over 20 years, my daughter is a proud graduate of Newington High School and my son is in high school. My wife is also an educator and is an upper school science teacher. I am seeking your support so that I can improve and impact education in our local school system.
- Working as a substitute teacher in order to gain class-room teaching experience and learn about problems schools face and how to best resolve them
- Bachelor’s degree from UConn, School of Business & Master’s degree in education policy from Harvard University
- Area Chairman, Schools & Scholarships Committee, Harvard College, Office of Admissions & Financial Aid for Connecticut
- Education policy consulting experience with UNICEF
- Local education and other policy analysis & recommendation experience
- Founder of a local educational non-profit
Sam is an expert in education policy who has lived in Newington over 20 years. He earned a graduate degree in education policy at Harvard, and is a proud UConn alum.
Sam serves as Area Chair in CT for Harvard College’s Office of Admissions & Financial Aid, so he knows what it takes to prepare students to succeed at the highest levels. He has worked as a substitute teacher and is the founder of an educational non-profit.
Sam’s wife is a science teacher, they have two children. Their daughter is a recent NHS graduate, and their son is in high school.