Go to Facebook Page
Why I Am Running
Although our town has so much to offer, I am excited to be working toward an even brighter future–especially regarding education and economic development. I am very disappointed that the Anna Reynolds renovation project has stalled under the current town leadership. I am deeply concerned that the current Mayor and her allies have been working to change the scope and direction of this project rather than implementing the project as approved by an overwhelming majority of voters.
I am also very focused on making Newington a welcoming place for business. We are so fortunate to have 2 busway stations as well as the potential to develop a working train station. We are uniquely positioned to offer business opportunities to attract a regional customer and talent base as well as bringing new investment into our community.
These are the issues I want to address:
- The lack of progress on the Anna Reynolds renovation project
- Hire a full time Economic Development director
- Implementation of a Universal Pre-K program
- Improving citizen access to local government via improved technology
- Newington resident for 25 years
- 15 year member of the Newington Education Foundation Board of Directors
- Newington Lions Club–past Club Secretary
- Working in Optical Management 25+ years
- Connecticut Opticians Association–Member
- American Board of Opticianry Certified
- University of Connecticut–Bachelor of Arts
Meri has extensive experience caring for patients/meeting needs as well as coaching staff in Ophthalmology and Optometry practices.
Non-profit experience: American Red Cross Disaster Services Caseworker 1990-1993
Worked on local disaster relief operations as well as Hurricane Andrew and Mississippi River flooding in Iowa
Hobbies: UConn Basketball, travel, camping, music